Recommended extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a quiet extractor fan for a small bathroom - ceiling mounted and venting under the eaves.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it an in-line fan you are looking for (ie the fan is in the loft space) or a fan that mounts on the ceiling plasterboard?

I was thinking one that mounts into the plasterboard, but does the ceiling amplify the noise? Also I have open eaves ( i.e. no soffit boxes ) - could I just use some flat ducting to vent it?

Sponsored Links
Is it an in-line fan you are looking for (ie the fan is in the loft space) or a fan that mounts on the ceiling plasterboard?
This is good advice. An in-line or "Duct Fan" is the quiet option (but not the cheapest)

Frank

An in-line fan will be much quieter. Fans on ceilings are noisy as the ceiling acts like a drum.

There's a selection here http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Ventilation_Index/4_Inch_Fans_Duct/index.html

Don't go for the cheapest, they arent that effective especially if you have a longish duct length.

You could just have the hose out of the open eaves but suggest u fit a non return flap in the duct to stop drafts and crawling/flying things getting in.

thanks - I tend to use Screwfix as I live about 2 min from their warehouse - looks like Manrose are the economy version, otherwise it's VentAxia or Expelair - any other makes to look out for?
Also can you suspend them from the rafters?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back