Inline Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I am renovating a bathroom and going to install a inline extractor fan as the room never had a fan in place.

I intent to install it in the ceiling around the shower area and have it ducted to a vent tile in the roof.

Can anyone recommend a good strong fan to takeaway any condensation? I was told Xpelair fans are good??

The room is approx 2m by 2.5m.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Silent MV from environvent.

"Good strong fan" is entirely dependant on several factors, duct size and length being primary ones.

The domestic ventilation compliance guide will have some valuable information.

Following, I am trying to figure out how to have an inline fan (for less noise) but also retain the moisture sensing switching function as found in traditional in-wall/ceiling type fans...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ha! Thanks, I didn’t actually think to search for a 1gang wall mount type. Oooh there’s many different types!! Thanks again

Following, I am trying to figure out how to have an inline fan (for less noise) but also retain the moisture sensing switching function as found in traditional in-wall/ceiling type fans...

Many fans have external sensor - ecowatt series has SCHT-AD sensors for instance.

Non inline fans can be near silent, but it needs to not be battling static pressure - this is what makes them noisy.

IME the humidity-sensing fans are not much good.

Put it on every time the room is used (light switch is good for this) which will combat damp and odours. And as SFK says, use the timer.

some people have an aversion to ventilation and prefer fans to be switched off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back