Bathroom Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Electrical regs seem to have changed again but am confused. A timer extractor wired via light switch requires a 2 pole fused spur isolator. However, it occurs to me that the fan will not be isolated if the light is switched on as switched live comes from the light! Is this right? Seems pointless having the isolator switch (outside the bathroom). :?:

Sponsored Links
no,thats wrong.it needs a 3 pole isolator switch.is this a new install?

Sponsored Links
Thank you all. Obvious really except that local electrical supplier only offered 2 pole on telephone! Isolator switch is not fused but fan spec dictates this - which is right?

Those of a cynical nature might think that fan manufacturers specify a fused spur knowing that it's very hard to do when the fan is put on the light switch, thus giving them a way to slide away from warranty claims if it packs up.

I couldn't possibly comment.

But I will observe that this requirement for fused spurs and the forthcoming 134.1.1 is going to be an interesting combination...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back