Bathroom extractor

my biggest issue is that in the en suite i have a bay window, in the bay window i have a polished concrete worktop /vanity, this i have created with optic fibres within the polished surface and at present hanging down looking for a light source to "make it happen" am thinking of rigging up an led illuminated battery powered, discreet toggle switch just underneath the lip of the vanity, beleive it or not this will also light up the glass aggregate in the polished concrete shower tray some 1.5 metres away, i swear its like vegas in here!!

this is what we do isnt it??

Sponsored Links
IMG_1679.JPG
The dormer is an en suite to the bedroom, the bay window is perfect with the countertop sink in the recess,

Sponsored Links
Even if you wanted to take the guidance notes in the relevant approved document as being absolute, with casement windows that size in relation to the apparent size of the bathroom addition, you wouldn't need a fan at all, never mind anything involving a timer.

I think it's always a good idea to have a fan available for use in a bathroom. But the OP's original question was about regulations, so it's worth pointing out that the government's own guide to how to satisfy the regulations indicate that with appropriate opening windows a fan isn't necessary for compliance.

Even if you wanted to take the guidance notes in the relevant approved document as being absolute, with casement windows that size in relation to the apparent size of the bathroom addition, you wouldn't need a fan at all, never mind anything involving a timer.

Don't forget that he might decide to put glass in those frames, at some point:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back