Bathroom fan isolator required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

I am notifying the council in advance of wiring changes, part of which includes the bathroom.

I am fitting an "inline" extractor fan in the loft that is fitted with a timer overrun. This will therefore require a pemanent live as well as the switched live. The switched fan live will be controlled by a manual switch on the wall outside the bathroom. The fan will be extracting air via a grille outlet and ducting in the bathroom in zone 1.

Do I require a "fan isolator" switch? If I do, does it have to be easily accessible (and in the hall) or can it for example, be fitted in the airing cupboard or loft for use if maintainance is required?

Kind Regards

Submariner

Sponsored Links
I think the fan isolator can be fitted next to the fan unit in the loft.

Though I may be wrong.

Are you aware that a fan with an independant switch will never get used? This is why they are wired to the lighting. ;)

Was my input not useful?

I see you feel the need to ask the same question on the other forum where I've basically given you the same reply ;)

You need to consult the manufacturers information first and foremost.

Sponsored Links
Cheers gary, I was also asking the same question on the other forum to give a wider audience. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back