Bathroom Fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have sold our bungalow and looking at a new build where the builder has given a budget for kitchen and bathrooms.

The kitchen budget I can live with £4500, I put a good kitchen in our current house for around that using DIY Kitchens at Pontefract.

Now for the sanitary fittings he is allowing £750 for bathroom, shower room and w/c which seems very small to me.

I'm happy to add some towards the sanitary fittings but want to make sure I get a decent balance of quality to price, which suppliers would you recommend I look at?

Cheers

Simon

Sponsored Links
In my rich Richmond customers I fitted Rak ceramics and when time came to do my bathrooms I used the same.
Wife says that the ceramic is a lot smoother and cleans a lot easier than the bog downstairs which is a wickes £50 job.
Also the design is more pleasing to the eye and everything comes with proper fittings.
I bought them from one of the Victoria plumbing shop, don't remember which one.

Cheers Johnny, having done a bit of looking Victoria Plumb looks pretty reliable and with decent products though my £750 allowance won't go far:)

Cheers Johnny, having done a bit of looking Victoria Plumb looks pretty reliable and with decent products though my £750 allowance won't go far:)
Do it once, do it properly.
If you spend £1500 and keep same set for 20 years, you're spending £75/year.
Then if you're one of them who likes a new bathroom every couple of years, go to b&q or wickes.

Sponsored Links
Do it once, do it properly.
If you spend £1500 and keep same set for 20 years, you're spending £75/year.
Then if you're one of them who likes a new bathroom every couple of years, go to b&q or wickes.
Yes wise words!

A new build we had 20 odd years ago we had to have a shower tray replaced twice by the builder because they split. It was a real pain and never quite looked right afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back