Bathroom Floor - Blank Canvas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Newbie to the forum but to to forums :D

I'm currently in the midst of an extension on the house and have a brand new 2.4m x 2.4 bathroom space to utilise.

The joists are in and I have used posi-joist so that plumbing and wiring will be very easy for access.

Anyway, I would like your expertise with the following....

Q1. Would 12mm Marine ply with 6mm no more ply atop be a good idea for a tiled finish

Q2. should 6mm Marine ply with 6mm no more ply be more preferential to keep the floor thickness down.

Q.3 Should I decide to go the electric underfloor heating route what options do I have in regards to floor thickness.

Many thanks in anticipation :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Vague in what sense? :?:

I'm asking about the best option for the flooring make up prior to tiling, not specifically about tiles.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Ok let me 'try' to be specific

New 1st floor extension, Looking for advice on brand new floor ready to be fixed to joists

What would be the required approximate overall thickness of a finished floor including tiles,

I have part of the extension being a new bathroom 2.4m x 2.4m

How best would you make up the floor, for both strength and waterproofing and to what thickness is best?

I'm considering electric underfloor heating, should the overall thickness be considered based on being given the advice of using a product like DITRA matting for tile adhesion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back