Bathroom floor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently decided the time had come to do a low cost refresh the old laminate flooring which was in our bathroom when we moved in and replace with a new vinyl floor.

Having ripped up some of the easier to access bits of laminate, it has transpired that the floor must have been fitted to an empty room and the bathroom suite including shower cubicle fitted on top of it, making it impossible to get up.

The original plan had been to rip up the laminate, lay a 6mm plywood layer over the floorboards, and put the laminate down on top of that. What I have now is a messy half way house with a big gap of exposed floor boards, and a bunch of laminate which runs under the bathroom suite.

Can anyone suggest a plan of action? I had considered finding some 14mm board to patch the areas where I have removed the laminate and bring it all back to the same approximate height then potentially lay the ply on top of that but concerned that will raise the floor level a fair bit.

Open to new ideas :)

Sponsored Links
Is there a bath involved and is it open i.e. without bath panel? and are the connections under the shower tray fixed or rigid?? ...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back