Toilet on laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refurbing my bathroom, and plan to lay laminate flooring and swap the position of the basin and loo. I'm fairly happy about extending the waste pipe (it goes horizontal to the stack which is boxed) and moving the feed pipes, but don't know what the done thing for the flooring is?

I was planning to lay the floor then bolt the loo on top. searching the forums there appear to be a few comments about cracking. Is laminate a solid enough surface for a loo?

Should I put the loo in first and cut the laminate to fit (I think this will look worse)

The base floor is board on joists.

All comments welcome

Joe

Sponsored Links
Install the floor first. Then, after installing the toilet pan use transparent silicion to seal the pan and floor to prevent moisture getting underneath the floor.

Before you fit the pan try to locate a joist to fix the it to - chipboard floor make for lousy pan fixings!

my god what do you do on the loo mine has been held down with only silicone for the last 10 years and hasn't moved ;)

Sponsored Links
As Chappers says stick it down with a good bead of silicone and it's unlikely to wander to far! Silicone can be a very good glue in the right conditions, if finished of well it looks good too. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back