Downstairs toilet/cloakroom flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a normal sized downstairs loo with sink and this is where we hang out coats. The problem is flooring. My hallway has a click and lock real wood flooring 18mm thick. The skirting was removed and new skirting was placed on top. The flooring edge meets just under the loo door.
Currently the loo floor is bare. Just concrete. So the floor isn't level with the hallway. Now there are a number of ways I can go about placing new flooring. Firstly I am debating whether I want both floors level with each other. Or by putting a bar across the joint of the floors the loo floor will be slightly lower. I could remove the loo skirting and place thick plywood down, new skirting on top and vinyl on top of that. This then will be level with the hallway floor. Or keep the existing skirting and lay thick vinyl and bar across joints. I am wondering which is the best finish? I am replacing the existing loo/cistern with a loo that hides the soil pipe etc so new loo will fit on new floor.
I have attached a photo. Any advice will be appreciated. Plus any links to photos/images etc? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back