Fixing the Difference in Height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure this has been answered loads of time before but i though i would ask to check.

I want to tile the floor of a very small downstairs loo. I have read that i need to place some water resistant ply board down to make the floor (which is floor boards) solid so that the tiles dont crack etc. However by doing this and by laying the tiles the level of my floor is going to be at least a cm heigher than the a joining room. How can i fix this, or make it good without pulling up the floor boars. I know there are things that i can place across the door threshold...will these work??

Sponsored Links
You do need to either overboard the floor with WBP ply or remove the floorboards and replace with 25mm WBP.

If your not keen on ripping up the boards and replacing with ply or your not confident doing it then overboarding is your only option. This will as you say give you a lip but there are plenty of threshold bars for al different kinds of height/ flooring type differences so you should be fine or they are very straight forward to make if you need an odd jump!

There great info in the tiling section sticky that will help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back