Bathroom floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

In my bathroom the grouting between tiles has started to come away in places leaving the tiles slightly uneven when stood on (these are the tiles from when the house was first built some 16 years ago).

What's the best way to go about fixing this? Can I remove the loose parts and regrout individual tiles into place, or is it best to take everything up and start from the beginning?

I have never tiled anything before, so the simplest options would be the best! It doesn't need to last a long time as we'll be having the bathroom re-done in the next few years, but it's just to make it less of a hazard until then.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
take it up start a fresh, only way to do it properly

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the posts - good point on water getting through, but for the most part the loose tiles are away from toilet/bath/sink, which is why it's quite odd.

However, I cannot rule out historic water damage, so perhaps will arrange to have it taken up and start from scratch to ensure that it's done properly.

Last edited:
To add this on-to this query (not sure it's worth it's own topic) as an alternative to tiles are vinyl options (such as Krono Xonic vinyl) worth taking a look at as they look quite straightforward to fit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back