Bathroom Flooring Ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

So our bathroom had a thick carpet. Yuk! I pulled it up as I want to replace with vinyl or LVT flooring. So the previous owner had allowed a gap under the skirting for the carpet for some reason (around 6mm all the way around the room) The curved side panel for the bath only has a couple of mm play as the carpet was obviously compressed. I don't really want to pull the skirting off and lower. I doubt I would be able to remove material off the bottom of the bath panel as I'm guessing it's MDF inside which would expose this and expand when in contact with water, unless I could seal it somehow? So, what would you do? (cheapest option) The options I have is go with a thin vinyl floor on a roll and then use edging to seal the gaps under the skirting boards. I think this would look crap to be honest. Or go with some LVT 5-6mm boards (which would be easier to fit for me, and would sit under the skirting nicely) but then I have the issue with the bath panel as I would rather have the flooring go underneath the panel for a cleaner look. I could cut the flooring to the curve of the bath panel but it would probably look crap, and I wouldn't be able to remove the panel! I could maybe raise the bath a few mm, but would be a big job. Also any recommendations on good waterproof LVT flooring that can be ordered online? There are so many options out there. The room is around 5m2 and don't really want to spend too much over £100.

Any advice would be amazing! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back