Bathroom flooring with vinyl tiles - around or under the loo & sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've read lots of threads, here and elsewhere, about whether to remove the furniture (ie. loo and sink) before putting down new flooring in a bathroom, then replacing furniture on top of new floor, to achieve a neat finish. I believe the usual thing with a roll of vinyl is not to remove the bathroom furniture, but to fit vinyl around it (to avoid trapping vinyl and later causing bubbles). But if I am using vinyl tiles rather than a roll, and therefore sticking the tiles down, would the job look neater if I tile under the furniture rather than cutting around it? I don't want the hassle of removing the loo if I can avoid it (is it a hassle? I know nothing about plumbing) but I do want to do a neat job.
Any advice appreciated - but please go easy on me - I'm not really much of a DIYer - just a single mum trying to make a few improvements with what little time and money I have!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Under is better, as you can put the silicone sealant under the WC pan rather than around it. However if you can trim neatly round you'll get an adequate job.

Hiya try to cut around it otherwise you will have to call a plumber out to remove the loo !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back