Bathroom Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm planning to replace the grotty old carpet on my bathroom floor. It's floorboarded and the boards are sound. The fittings - sink cabinet, toilet, shower and bath - are all fitted to floor level or just above. The wall tiles are fixed to just above floorboard level. I don't fancy raising any of these to fit floor covering underneath.

I'm thinking of using laminate flooring boards but I'm not sure how to do the edging. I've used this stuff before but always had nice straight lines for the edges. I'm wondering if there is anything out there that is flexible enough to used as edging strips that will fit around the curves of the shower base, toilet etc?

Any other ideas on flooring solutions welcome. The floor boards aren't good enough to use as final finish (too many patches), I don't want to use carpet again and I don't want to raise the floor surface much if at all.

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
I'd reckon that cutting laminate around all those curves would be a nightmare !

You could take sink/wc out and fit laminate then replace ?

Or maybe lino would be easier (may need plywood underneath)

Laminate in a Bathroom is a bad idea, it doesn't like water one bit!

I would go a for a quality vinyl floor like Karndean or amtico, it's relatively easy to fit, you just need to overboard floor with 6mm ply, featheredge the floor then lay on top.

These types of systems come in seperate tiles or planks and it's often easier to 'dry fit' the room before gluing down.

Karndean is actually pretty cheap these days, Amtico, not so but they have a much better product range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back