Kitchen laminate flooring under cabinets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to lay some laminate flooring, probably the B&Q tileloc flooring from my hall through my kitchen.

The hall is no problem as there is lots of info on fitting that here and on the internet and I know you can either fit edging or raise the skirting boards while leaving a gap round the edge for expansion of the floor.

Our kitchen currently has lino which runs under the kickboards of the kitchen cabinets.

I read that it's possible to lay the laminate flooring up to the kickboard and fit edging but I don't think that will give as good a finish as putting the flooring under the kickboard a few inches. I did also think any water that is split in the kitchen is likely to run under the edge of the flooring if I only lay it up to the edge of the kickboard of the cabinets.

I know I will have to plane some of the kickboard off to allow for the thickness of the laminate floor but thats a minor point.

Would people here recommend laying the laminate flooring under the cabinet and if so by how much or should I lay it up to the kick boards?

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
...fit the floor so that it just goes under the kick panels...

...anymore is just wasted money ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back