Bathroom in cottage - flooring advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have low ceilings and the bathroom is immediately above kitchen. Hence all noises in bathroom can be heard and embarrasing for visitors. :oops:

For years we have had a nylon carpet with a good underlay. Just last year asked for advice for company who sold carpet and 'vinyl?' flooring. I said rather than the carpet, that seems to hold dirt, I wanted to change. He said even with the necessary base put on top of the old floorboards he still considered underlay/carpet was the best way to go. So we did and I am already moaning how the carpet looks dirty despite having shampooed it.

Has anyone had this problem and found a good insulation board that would allow me to have a more practical flooring that did not allow noise above our heads to be easily defined?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back