Bathroom inline extractor fan

Sponsored Links
Just use duct (duck) tape. No need to glue it.

I'm sure I read that duct tape, ironically shouldn't be used for sealing ductwork and the adhesive fails and causes leaks? What's the consensus on this?

Extractor ducting runs at low pressure, I don't see leakage as a problem. I suppose tape might prevent the joints coming apart.

I'm sure I read that duct tape, ironically shouldn't be used for sealing ductwork and the adhesive fails and causes leaks? What's the consensus on this?

The duct tape hasn't leaked on my loft and garage 4" and 6" ducting but only been in place for fifteen years, so probably a bit too soon to form a judgement.

You seem a bit reluctant to accept the thoughts of members here so maybe you'd be better to subscribe to a dedicated ventilation forum, assuming there is such a thing.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mr B, sorry if it come across like that, that's honestly not the case. I just always like to do the job right first time. Thanks for all your input on the thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back