Bathroom insulation/plasterboard advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new here, hoping you can help me with my bathroom renovation.

Bathroom is a single storey extension with a new fat roof. Ive taken the ceiling down and insulted between the joists with 80mm Recticel. Also overboarded this with 50mm PIR.

I now want to retile the walls before renewing the bathroom suite. The walls are block with a cavity that are very cold at the moment. What is the best method of insulating these 3 exterior walls with minimum impact on the already tight room size? I see B&Q do a Gyproc Thermaline plus board in 27mm for £20. Would this help much or is it too thin?

Cheers
Daniel

Sponsored Links
Anything helps but I'd probably go for a minimum of 25mm celotex type boards. That should almost half the heat loss through a standard wall.

Thanks John, to save space can I fix this direct to the existing wall, board over with moisture board and then tile?

The basin and toilet cistern will need to be fixed to these external walls.

Yes but the best way to reduce space requirement is to take the walls back to the blockwork and apply to that.

Sponsored Links
Consider Marmox boards. Although their insulation value is lower than PIR PUR boards like celotex & kingspan, you can - I believe - tile directly on to them, so there is no need for plasterboard. This works out better when space is very limited.

I'll take a look into them thanks, not heard of them before.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back