Bathroom light wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im about to change ther light in my bathroom, the old one as the 2 blacks and 2 earths going to the light fitting with the reds goings into a choc block which is taped up. My new light as a blue and brown going to a block with the earth also, do i just copy suit with the blacks and leave the reds as they are?

Sponsored Links
One of the blacks should have colour identification present. Red sleeving or tape. This is line. The other is neutral.

These will wire into your new light along with the earths as you stated. The reds should be left as they are.

Im about to change ther light in my bathroom, the old one as the 2 blacks and 2 earths going to the light fitting with the reds goings into a choc block which is taped up. My new light as a blue and brown going to a block with the earth also, do i just copy suit with the blacks and leave the reds as they are?
The two reds should be the live loop - so they stay.
All the earths should be connected together.
Under normal circumstances...
One of the black wires will be a switch live and this needs to be connected to the brown light wire and the other (neutral) needs to be connected to the blue light wire.

You switch live black should have a red sleeve on it.

Look at wiki.
Must type faster,,,,,,,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back