Bathroom Light

Oh touché, touché Bernie love. Wonderful retort. I must however reiterate what the electrian said that it wasn't a safety risk it's just one spotlight not working but let me not, dear sweet Bernie, take from you your witty post. Good day to you sir, I said good day. X

Sponsored Links
Hopefully chance taker has not been so flippant in his selection of the electrician and appraisal of his abilities. Hopefully the electrician has the necessary experience and judgement to make a correct prediction of the safety of the damaged fitting. He will of course ensured the metal fitting has been effectively earthed.

Chance Taker, I like that. The origins of my user name? If you wish. In the wonderful film adaptation of Being There ( Dir: Hal Ashby 1979) Peter Sellers plays a simple minded gardener called Chance who has never left the house he lives in. His entire life experience is from watching television and all he can talk about is gardening but people mistake his ramblings for deep, metaphorical musings. When he has to leave the house he bumps into Eve Rand ( the sublime Shirley MacLaine) who gives him a whiskey just as she asks his name. Having never had alcohol before he coughs his answer of 'Chance the gardener' and Eve hears this as Chancey Gardener. Not knowing his own last name, or caring, he doesn't correct her. So for the remainder of the film he's addressed by this name. It's my favourite film of all time. It's really about people's assumptions and presumptions and how we can over analyse what people say. It's a satire on pretentiousness.

Sponsored Links
As long as he has enough light(s) to watch his TV and read his books he'll be OK ( as long as his house doesn't burn down)
I suggest we leave him to get on with it

This is like something from the west end theatre :)

I would have expected more jimmy nail or geordie shore, waay aaye man

Exactly. Now let's forget all about this light business and get to something important. Films. As for Jonah Hill I'd thought of him as a perfectly decent comic actor but what a different side he revealed in WOWS. Great performance. I will check our 21 Jump Street and it's sequel.

The sequal was ok but for me a bit of a let down after the original film.

I've been trying to educate my self recently by watching some of the old classic films. I'd certainly appreciate any recommendations you have. :)

Ha, ha nice one. In Newcastle we don't all talk like Jimmy Nail! Many Geordies are quite intelligible and can string a coherent sentence together. I myself can slip into the Geordie vernacular from time to time if ' ya kna wora mean like' aka 'If you know what I mean, like ' As for the post about classic old films there are as many bad old films as new. I don't believe there was ever a golden age. For every Citizen Caine you will find rubbish such as The Terror of Tiny Town, an all midget western! There are great films in every decade from the silent era up to present day. I would recommend many films such as To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men, All about Eve, the Universal horror classics such as Frankenstein and Dracula, most Billy Wilder films such as Some Like it Hot and The Apartment. Moving into the 70's you have One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Godfather 1 and 2, French Connection, The Exorcist, Cabaret to name a few. You may love some of these and hate others but check them out if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back