Bathroom Lighting: Low level lights for nightime

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install a second set of low wattage, low power lights in the bathroom that automatically come on when you walk into the bathroom during the night.

So - a motion sensor will detect me staggering in, but will also be disabled if there is already a sufficient level of light in the room.

The idea behind this, is that I often get up in the night, and turning the main light on to take a **** hurts my eyes and wakes me up.

NB: sunglasses and candles are not an option here :)

Any ideas or existing solutions?

JW.

Sponsored Links
ok, thanks for the link, not what I want though.

thanks also for the suggestion that I may have cancer, but the doctor suggested that I simply get a "motion" sensor :)

Some where I saw a battery operated light that fitted the under side off the toilet and lights up when the lid is raised.

Haven't time to hunt around but google may find it.

Sponsored Links
thanks also for the suggestion that I may have cancer
It was meant in all good faith and in all seriousness.

1 person dies from it every hour in the UK, and I can give you a 100% cast-iron, copper-bottomed, gold-plated guarantee based on personal experience that you don't have to be in your '70s to get it. :(

Some where I saw a battery operated light that fitted the under side off the toilet and lights up when the lid is raised.

Haven't time to hunt around but google may find it.
Or you could just take the trouble to click on the first link in my first post... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A few strategically placed LED lights as used for lighting inside kitchen cabinets etc. may be worth investigating.
As their power consumption is so low, they should only cost peanuts to run 24/7, or, if you like, add a simple time switch so they only run for, say, 8 hours a night.

We have six 0.25 watt LEDs set in the panelling around a cloakroom initially for decoration only, but just a couple of them give more than enough light to see where you are aiming.

Ignoring symptoms of a possible medical condition doesnt make it go away.
Frequent urination is also a symptom of type 2 diabetes, which can often be managed with just a small change in diet.

I like it.. especially the "GO / STOP" option for the missus..

red for seat up, green for seat down....

the added "target" when the seat is up gives you something to aim at as well.. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back