Bathroom ligting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at putting in 4 down lights in our bathroom, all of which are at least 70cm away from the bath. I am unsure whether to use 12v or mains as have been recommended both. Also above the bathroom is the loft with 150 cm of insulation, could this affect the mains choice of LIghts

Sponsored Links
Choice of lights 12v/230v and IP rating will depend on what zone the lights are to go in (see WIKI).

Then the lights must be Building Regs Part C compliant to resist the passage of moisture into the roof space (so your roof doesnt rot).

The lights will probably have a required clearance away from joists and insulation. You could clear a 1ft gap around each light to comply, but then you'll have a cold bathroom. So you'll need to fit a LOFT CAP or a LOFT BRACE over each light so they can breathe.

Then you'll turn the lights on and wonder "why did I bother". So you'll need to add more lights so you dont cut your face off when shaving…….

Are you sure you want to do this? :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back