Bathroom mirror with flourescent lights by proximity switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi friends,
Just fitted the bathroom mirror with light which switches on by just opening the door ( not required at 3am migrane etc ).

We want to change the sensing so that when you wave your hand in front it switches on and when you want it off just wave your hand in front again.

the model is lightsmart SQ5039D switching 2 x 15w flourescent lights. Looking at the sensor its radar type.

Is it possible to replace the sensor please, if not a pull switch.
I can supply picture if required.

thanks Elvis

Sponsored Links
why not ask the people who make it, since they know about it and we dont.

I guess the answer is no, i guess the wiring is concealed, so you cant get at the sensor. or you could always cover the sensor up if you dont want the light coming on, but that leads to the question why did you buy a lighted mirror with a movement sensor if you dont want it

There will be safety issues if you change the way the mirror is configured.

My immediate suggestion is that you throw away/return the mirror you have and then buy one that does what you want it to do.

It will be easier and much less painful... just cost your time at a notional £25 per hour - it wont take you too long to get to the price of a replacement!

thanks for your returns.
My first reaction was to ask the supply company but they have not come back.
I think it's fairly simple to get to the input/output wires by just unclipping the cover. The Radar picks up anyone who passes and then switches the ballest surely if I disconnect the input to the sensor and connect it to a simple pull switch (bypassing the sensor ) would give the same signal to the ballest.?

The rope still might be the best option. ( sent to coventry !! etc )

Sponsored Links
Similar mirror, same company, same issue.

Would be interested to know if you have managed to resolve this.

I replaced the sensor (kindly supplied by Lightsmart) as I though it was broken - unable to adjust light sensitivity and timer is a joke.
Short of gluing a piece of lead in front of it I gave up and switched it off completely - that was about a year ago.
I now have a requirement to use it again and I would like to replace the sensor with a ON/OFF touch sensitive switch.

Did you get any response from Lightsmart?

Regards,
DrunkenDucan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back