bathroom paint cock up...now what?

sjo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we have put on one coat of Dulux Kitchen and Bathroom (in white) in our new bathroom. It is rubbish. :evil: It has gone on very patchily and you can see the roller marks. We put it on top of a cream homebase matt paint which painted by the previous owner. Question is what to do...sand it down??? What to use instad and what will give a smooth finish over the disastourous K and B?????

Sponsored Links
Give it an good Rub down (i.e. just break the surface), then apply Johnstons Anti-Mould Acrylic.

It finishes in an washable matt finish. Therefore, hiding any imperfections due to being matt.

i've never had a problem with dulux paint, i always buy it out of choice. if you have got a rubbish finish, send your receipt to them in slough and they will refund your money.

i would sand it down, to give it a key then re-apply. Also i suggest using a very short pile roller and a decent one at that otherwise it leaves marks.

If everyone did that with kitchen and bathroom paint they would go bust over night.

Its an evil product and one of the hardest to apply.

Allthough id say if it has come out patchy it could be down to one coat over the top of the matt.

Sponsored Links
You will need to give it more than one coat, as its not thick like thier ordinary paint, I used it a few months over the existing paint, and it wasnt that dirty either, and I had to do 3 coats, its awful stuff.

Sanj varah is right, if your not happy ring up thier help line, they will either send someone out to see, then they will give you your money, or just give it back anyway.

They are good like that. :D

I have used Dulux Kitchen & Bathroom emulsion in my last 2 houses for the last 20 Years & no problems. Highly delighted with it.

Just used it my bathroom and put it on previously emulsioned walls (only needed one coat :D ) and wooden t&g (2 coats with sanding in between). No problems at all :rolleyes: Goes on lovely!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back