Bathroom paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm painting a bathroom and don't know what paint to use. I'll be painting the ceiling and walls which don't come in direct contact with water (the area around the bath and shower is tiled). I want to protect the bathrrom as best I can against mould and mildew and I've read that bathroom paint is good for this. I've also read that this stuff is tricky to apply and may not be any better than standard paint. I have stripped the walls of the cruddy wallpaper and will apply a coat of thinned emulsion before applying the colour I want. So, is it worth bothering with special bathroom paint or does it not have any great advantage over standard emulsion?

Sponsored Links
I won't use kitchen and bathroom paint full stop - it's awful stuff.
You'll be fine a decent silk emulsion.

"lmsava" All Bathrooms surfaces come in direct contact with Water. When you have a Bath and when the Water is Hot then the steam rises to the cieling and along the way it makes contact onto Walls. Even more Water makes contact when a Shower is Used. Though as "gcol" says u will be best with Vinyl Silk or Soft Sheen. But make sure you read all instructions on tins before comencing.

Sponsored Links
Looks like I'll be giving bathroom paint a wide berth. Thanks for the tips.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back