Bathroom peeling, Zinsser peel stop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,

The paint on one wall in our bathroom (the external wall) and ceiling is peeling a little in some places (see attached).

I was thinking of sanding it back, using Zinsser Peel Stop and then using Zinsser Permawhite interior.

Does this sound like a decent plan? It's not something I feel like having to reverse if not! Also never used Peel Stop or Permawhite, only bullseye/bin stuff to prime.

Odd how all was painted with the same stuff (probs about 4 years ago) and only one wall and celing seems to be giving grief). I can't remember, but knowing less about diy then I think I probably used kitchen and bathroom paint (I since know this is pants, and used trade eggshell in my kitchen a couple of years back!)

Cheers!

IMG_20200712_114423.jpg IMG_20200712_114347.jpg IMG_20200712_114340.jpg IMG_20200712_114332.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry, don't know about the Zinsser, but was the plaster sealed before painting? Try the test he does here:

I have no idea, the wall was painted before we came, and we repainted it. One wall was plastered when we had the bathroom redone, and yes, this was must coated before being painted, and it's totally fine :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back