bathroom plumbing for grohe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i've been planning on getting the bathroom replaced for over a year now and have been purchasing fittings every now and again, i have a room now full of bathroom bits and am ready to proceed, im just waiting for the kids to break up for the summer, that way i can get my sister to take them for a week or so as i only have the one bathroom in the house.

i have a combi boiler which supplies the hot water, and obviously the cold comes of the mains.

I have a grohe wireless shower mixer which came with a movario hand shower, a hansgrohe ceiling mount rain head and a grohe bath filler. i also have a grohe 5 way diverter. i kind of figured out how its all going to go together, hot and cold into wireless mixer, mixed water into 5 way diverter, and then one supply each to bath filler, hand shower and rain shower.

i have a slight problem now i think, the wall which the diverter is going onto is made up of breaze blocks i believe a thickness of about 113mm. when i purchased the diverter i was thinking of drilling a bore hole through the wall and pushing the diverter through the hole and then doing all the pipework behind it. Grohe instructions are just a picture from what i can tell the maximum installation depth is 80mm which makes me about 33mm short can some one please start to help me with this scenario please.

by the way im a newbie and sorry to have ranted on...

Sponsored Links
Generally these kind of valves are designed for installation in stud walls, you may well need to build the wall off with timber and plasterboard and install the valve in that.

Generally these kind of valves are designed for installation in stud walls, you may well need to build the wall off with timber and plasterboard and install the valve in that.

i did think of that but problem is the length inside the bathroom is 1800mm and the bath is 1800 long and i dont think i will get the stud over the bath end, any other way around please?

cut a hole in the wall (like the old serving hatches) you can then mount the divertor on a piece of ply at whatever depth in the wall you want and have access from the back.

Sponsored Links
thanks for replies, im thinking now that the stud might be the best way forward. this would prob mean cutting into plaster to get bath in at one end and then maybe building stud so that it would go a little over the bath at the shower end.

would the stud going over the bath a little be ok?

hi

i have a combi boiler which supplies the hot water, and obviously the cold comes of the mains.

ceiling mount rain head and a grohe bath filler. i also have a grohe 5 way diverter. i kind of figured out how its all going to go together, hot and cold into wireless mixer, mixed water into 5 way diverter, and then one supply each to bath filler, hand shower and rain shower.

will a combi cope with the rain head shower - and the rest :confused:

hi

ceiling mount rain head and a grohe bath filler. i also have a grohe 5 way diverter. i kind of figured out how its all going to go together, hot and cold into wireless mixer, mixed water into 5 way diverter, and then one supply each to bath filler, hand shower and rain shower.

will a combi cope with the rain head shower - and the rest :confused:

i currently have bath tap with a shower that diverts the water from the tap to shower and cant really complain on the pressure, its better than an electric any day of the week.
on the new kit it will only provide water to one outlet at a time, how could i check to see if the combi could cope with the rain head?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back