Bathroom project advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I knocked the separate toilet and bathroom in to one room and now plan to re-fit.

It's about 2.5m x 2.5m or so, and there is an existing bathroom cupboard in one corner that must stay in place (contains new plumbing and electrics), and there are now two windows there.

I took the old cast iron bath out, but have decided to get a P-shaped bath as there is not enough space for a separate shower unfortunately.

The advice I am after is this:

Can anyone recommend a good producer of p-shaped or similar fibreglass baths (I do not like the feel of the acrylic ones)... or any good suppliers of bathrooms they have used.

Also, could you please let me have your thoughts on mixers and taps... mainly what is good/ who to avoid.

We had an aqualisa shower in our old house which was great - not sure if they are still as good as they were.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Quantum baths from Carron make a good variety of shapes and sizes.

There's a really good one where the shower bit is square and works like a decent shower enclosure but isn't overwhelming on the bath bit. I've also fitted that into an alcove without fitting the glass screen and just tiled all around and it worked really well.

Mind you, it's probably acrylic. But it's English made and I think they're pretty good. I'd also go English on taps too, with Crosswater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back