Bathroom Project Beginner DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So me and my girlfriend moved into our new house and it was decided that the bathroom definitely needed an upgrade. We both have just finished university so with more free time we thought we could undertake the project.
The project is still ongoing so I will add more images in the future. Feedback welcome :) Enjoy.

So this the old shower area
View media item 60022
View media item 60023
I have used my basic sketching skills to give some basic idea of what it may look to my girlfriend
View media item 62699
My first attempt at plastering and filling joins. Walls are going to be painted so I have just used D&D method to hold plasterboard.
View media item 62700
I have a thing for LEDs. I just had to have them. I really like the look of tiled baths so I am attempting to make my own. Also I had to build a step because I did not want to rip the floors out to put the pipes under, so step it is. Also it only made sense to make it more of a feature by adding LEDs.
View media item 62701
I have purchased a vanity set so i decided to improve it by adding some LEDs ( LEDs make anything better IMO :D ) under the sink. Because of this the tilling is becoming a bit patchy. I am routing wires behind the step frame but so I cannot lay tiles until theres wires are under.
View media item 62702
Just another view with lights on too:
View media item 62703

Sponsored Links
Looks good mate, remember to leave access under the bath for future repairs/blockages etc. I only say this because i have seen it all too many times and it can really ruin your hard work if you you have to hack away boarding/tiles etc.

:D

Thanks crispieees,

I have thought of access yeah and this is what I have come up with:

The side of the bath where the shower area is has a cutout. This cutout will have tiles over held using earth magnets. So if worst comes to works I'll only need to remove grout.
View media item 62709
The feed pipes run at the back of the bath and it is where the electronics will be held so I have added two plastic access doors that I found at B&Q so here we are:
View media item 62710
Thanks

nice touch mate, subtle things like that make the difference between a good and great project.

Hope it goes well for you, looking forward to the finished results.

Sponsored Links
I have used my basic sketching skills to give some basic idea of what it may look to my girlfriend
View media item 62699
Good job that one of you realised in time that the water would all fall out if you did it that way.
ppo.gif

Just thought I'll post a quick update.

So I've been getting help from my dad with tilling. I've been doing the floor tiles and he has done the wall tiles.

View media item 63301View media item 63300
The tiles adhesive takes around 48 hour to dry, so I thought I'll do some painting.

View media item 63299
And today a disaster has happened. Whilst trying to remove old adhesive which was in a way of a tile I was trying to fit I have damaged 10mm electrical cable. I am so gutted about this cause it will cost me a lot this. :cry:

View media item 63302

Inspiring me now that looks smart as but could you tell me more how the access works if the pipe was to burst ? I'm thinking of basically copying you :eek: but i think i would put two cut off valves under the sink for the bath as a quick cut off in case of a leak

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back