New bathroom vanity unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current project is refurbishing our bathroom. The current pedestal sink is about 450mm deep and I want to replace this with a vanity unit and countertop sink.

Trouble is the majority of the vanity units are only around 390mm deep if that. I have a 380mm countertop basin so reckon I need around 430mm deep countertop.

Why are all the vanity units so shallow, am I missing something here ?

Sponsored Links
Could you not set it the required distance out from the wall then cover the end and gap with a clad on panel?
Ive just done the opposite as I wanted narrower which I made from a wall unit

Attachments

• F5625DBE-E8D5-4283-B568-A7F59BD2CAD6.jpeg
    F5625DBE-E8D5-4283-B568-A7F59BD2CAD6.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 239
Yes I did think that, and it may yet end up being done that way. Only possible complication is routing the waste.

Nice job in the pic

Sponsored Links
Well, it's already going to be a little complicated.

Vanity is going to be 600mm wide, countertop 1000mm wide with the free end resting on a baton fixed to the wall. This gives both cupboard storage and a free space on the left for laundry basket.

The countertop sink is going dead centre. So the vanity is 600mm, and the waste is coming down around the 500mm mark.

So some modification of the vanity will be needed anyway. Just not sure if bringing the vanity forward will add any further complications. Or possibly make things easier.

Also not sure if I could get a clad on panel to match the finish of the cupboard. That end of it is going up against the bath though, so a bit of marine play could be used and then tiled where it shows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back