Countertop Basin install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Not sure this is the correct forum, I'd appreciate a bit of advice. I'm getting the bathroom redone (I'm buying the bits and someone is fitting it for me) and have bought a countertop basin. It is 38cm diameter, what depth countertop would I need? (more than 38cm obviously :) )

I'm having a single pillar tap which will be mounted on the countertop. It doesn't bother me if this is offset to one side or other. In fact i'd prefer it offset.

The current pedestal sink projects about 450mm from the wall, and I have a max of 570mm available (but I'd rather stick to around the 450mm mark)

Sponsored Links
Usually the countertop is bought along with the vanity/base/wall unit that it will sit on and comes as a standard size to fit the unit. Unless you are looking for a floating shelf to sit the basin on. They are usually around the 450mm - 500mm mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back