Bathroom project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've already had some advice off here from richardc last month regarding tiling my bathroom, thought I would create a new post of where I am at now and whats next.

I have removed the old chipboard floor and reinforced the beams with some noggins. Also put down some new 25mm ply, this should not move!

Just need to plaster some of the holes before tiling (tiles ordered yesterday)
Its plaster over blockwork just now, what plaster should I use and how long before tiling?
Do I just plaster straight over the cold pipe for the shower and the power cable?

I'm off to topps to get the adhesive and grout tomorrow, I know I need Rapidset flexible and Superflex wide joint for the floors, what for the walls? I have been rold I can tile straight onto the plaster that is there, should I pva over it first? Its a bit dusty.

Last question, I have to skim the celing, do I pva then use finnishing plaster?

Many thanks guys,

Sponsored Links
If its just the holes in the pics use some rapid set as they dont look too deep,it sets in a couple of hours.

The cable needs sleeving in plastic.

Dont pva befor tiling use acrylic primer.

Adhesive for the walls depends on the size of the tiles.

Cant see the ceiling,if you going over old plaster then as far as I know you pva first,if its onto plaster board then go straight on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back