Bathroom refit - need a little help with the waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I'm about to embark on refitting the bathroom and I'm looking for some advice/suggestions.

At the moment the basin waste runs along a wall (boxed in) and into a cast iron stack, where as the shower/bath waste runs through the wall and into a hopper outside.

I'd like to run the basin waste into the hopper too, as this would mean I won't have to box the pipe in from the basin to the stack.

The easiest way for me to do this would be to tee into the 40mm waste, but I'm not sure if this is acceptable? If so, can you get 40mmx32mmx40mm tee connections?

What do you think?

Many thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Yes you may need anti-vac traps though because if you use both appliances it may run full bore in the pipe and pull the traps out.

I would consider using a 40 X 40 X 40 tee, and fit a 32 X 40 reducer into whichever branch suits the application.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and the help folks.

Can you get a 32mm reducer for a 40mm equal tee from the sheds?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back