bathroom refurb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all! just taken my bathroom back to brick, think i am going to go with dot and dab for cost reasons, unless some one tells me different, do i need a special board and then will i need to skim if i am doing floor to ceiling tiling, or can i tile straight onto the board. thanks in advance. ps. are these week long plastering courses any good.

Sponsored Links
Although I don't like using plasterboard in bathrooms, if you are going that route, use a moisture resistant board for the walls and ceiling. I would also possibly go for aquapanel or some kind of similar board in the shower area -others here will know more about that.

You don't need to plaster it, but should tape the joints. Remember to put dabs where you will be fixing sinks, cisterns, radiator, etc.

For me, best in these rooms is sand and cement render with waterproofer, tile on it and forget about it forever and you can drill where you like to your hearts content!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back