Bathroom shavers light above mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. String broke on shavers light put it all back together and fine. However noticed when not even In use (we dont use the shaver point) The transformer end is rather warm to touch. Light is a few years old now. Have I done everything right? something wrong?. Will it be ok? Reading seems to be normal with these cheap lights .. thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
I was under the impression BS EN 61558-2-5 required the transformer only to switch on when the plug is in the socket? I seem to remember a discussion over using shaver outlets being used for tooth brushes, the logo 1658209919595.png with a tooth brush clearly designed for switching on for an extended time, but without the tooth brush bit, some older units would over heat when left on 24/7, which since when I started to shave back in late 70's my dad had a rechargeable shaver does not really make sense.

However if the transformer is energised yes it does get warm, and nothing really to worry about, however never read the BS EN 61558-2-5 spec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back