Over-mirror light with combined or separate shaver socket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed on the Homebase/B&Q websites that there really isn't a market for over-mirror bathroom lights which have a built-in shaver socket.

There are many listed on eBay/Amazon.

Do you find you install mostly separate over-mirror lights with a separate shaver socket in bathrooms? As opposed to a combi light with built-in shaver socket?

If this is the case, why might this be?

Sponsored Links
No.

I think the problem might be whether the mirror is in zone 2 where the over mirror socket is not allowed.

I don't think you can rely on the B&Q website. It must be one of the worst.
(I have told them in a survey but they didn't improve it.)

Do you find you install mostly separate over-mirror lights with a separate shaver socket in bathrooms?
I have installed many mirror lights and cabinets with lights in them. Some have included shaver sockets, some have not.
Very few separate shaver sockets, rarely even asked for such things.

Sponsored Links
I'm with Flameport. It's probably 10 years since anyone asked me to install a combo light/shaver point in a bathroom. I've replaced a couple. But new tends to be bathroom cabinets that have everything in them.
Or maybe I've moved upmarket…

I stand corrected. I didn't think the combined light/shavers were to the relevant standard.

Just had a quick look and a lot don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back