Bathroom Mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

What are peoples opinions on bathroom mirrors with built in shaver sockets?

They seem pretty expensive, would you go for just a normal mirror and a separate shaver socket? Or are the built in ones better?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Does anyone use a 240/110v corded shaver these days? Can you still buy them? I have one built into our mirror. Never used it!

Ok thanks, how about toothbrushes do the same? Just charge them somewhere safer? As I have the cable there should I just go for a standard mirror with a light? Thanks all

Sponsored Links
The socket on the mirror would be for toothbrushes which are currently charged elsewhere. Would you just continue to do this or buy the mirror with the built in socket. Thanks again

All our shavers and toothbrushes I cut 2 pin toothbrush plug off the cable and put 3 pin plug on vs adapters. They are 240v so fine.
You can buy adapters cheap from many places if you don't want to do that

All our shavers and toothbrushes I cut 2 pin toothbrush plug off the cable and put 3 pin plug on vs adapters. They are 240v so fine.
You can buy adapters cheap from many places if you don't want to do that
So if you were me you would just charge them somewhere else?
Is it Worth getting a mains mirror with light as I have a cable already in the wall?

What are the battery ones like?

Cheers

There are some nice mirrors around tbh.
If you have cable already do what you want and can afford..
Seen fancy lights and heated mirrors with plugs in ect.
I'm not bothered myself but if that's what you want go for it..

There are plenty of showrooms about so go look at them and decide

Shavers are cordless so charge somewhere safer away from water imo
You can’t charge them from mirror or wall sockets. The 2 pin charging lead on my cordless shaver is not the same as the 2 pin socket in my mirror.

You can’t charge them from mirror or wall sockets. The 2 pin charging lead on my cordless shaver is not the same as the 2 pin socket in my mirror.
The 2 pin sockets on wall mirrors and shaver sockets are universal and take UK, European, and US 2 pin plugs. Some even take Australian plugs.

What 2 pin plug has your shaver got on it? Photo if you don't know.

The 2 pin sockets on wall mirrors and shaver sockets are universal and take UK, European, and US 2 pin plugs. Some even take Australian plugs.

Weird. When I first got the mirror cabinet about 15 years ago, I thought I’d be able to charge my shaver up. It absolutely definitely wouldn't accept my shaver lead - the pins were either just a little too far apart or too close together, i can’t remember which. Three shavers on and I actually tried the current lead in it last night and it fitted! I doubt if it would work for me though because the plug is quite chunky, as if it’s a transformer or something and my socket is fitted inside a mirrored cabinet at the top, facing downward and the weight of the 'transformer' would pull it out.

Weird. When I first got the mirror cabinet about 15 years ago, I thought I’d be able to charge my shaver up. It absolutely definitely wouldn't accept my shaver lead - the pins were either just a little too far apart or too close together, i can’t remember which. Three shavers on and I actually tried the current lead in it last night and it fitted! I doubt if it would work for me though because the plug is quite chunky, as if it’s a transformer or something and my socket is fitted inside a mirrored cabinet at the top, facing downward and the weight of the 'transformer' would pull it out.
Well, I actually just tried it. It will charge but only if I get it in the correct position and I have to hold it there so not quite useable.

I only use these for toothbrushes:
1692366099422.png

You can get them with shaver built in too - I've never used one of these though

1692366146062.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back