Bathroom Swap

To be honest its the absolute perfect kind of job for you to do by yourself. It's a like for like, so everything is there for you already. Should be easy enough and will be good for your confidence. Everyone has to start somewhere and this is the perfect kind of job. Jump at the chance!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks. :cool:

It's not the first job I've done alone. I've done daft little ones and fitted a salamander shower pump and stuff - Which I just charged hourly rate.

With this being a price job, i was unsure of what to charge. Hense why i was asking for some advice. :)

Which as I've said, have been doing for over 2 and a half years

I`m impressed I`ve been doing it for twenty years and still getting abuse and aggravation on this site. What makes you special? ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi All.

I'm a level 3 plumbing apprentice, and have been asked to do a like for like on a bathroom (toilet, bath, basin in existing locations)

How much should I charge (not including the price of sanitary ware, taps and wastes)

Thanks in advance.
Is this a real job or an excercise ?

Have you considered tiling ?
If tiled does the customer have existing tiles, if so does he have enough spares to make good,are the same tiles available?

Do you have liability insurance ?

Making good after a bath swap can cost more in time than the bath.
If a real job get that sorted out in writing before starting.

It's not the first job I've done alone. I've done daft little ones and fitted a salamander shower pump and stuff - Which I just charged hourly rate.

With this being a price job, i was unsure of what to charge. Hense why i was asking for some advice.

price it when you are the Dog`s Knackers mate, not coz you have read a book innit? someone give u a certifikit. ;) (gettin down wid me Homey`s)

Things which an apprentice often forgets are insurance and who to turn to if anything goes wrong.

We will all say that you should not be doing any work without any insurance cover.

I will also say that you need an experienced person who you can call on to help with problems.

You dont say what you are doing for the four days you are not at college! It sounds as if you may be an apprentice with a firm. Have you discussed this with your line manager?

Tony

Things which an apprentice often forgets are insurance and who to turn to if anything goes wrong.

Good point, make sure you get material/labour up front, that way if it all goes wrong at least you can leg it with minimal cost to yourself.

We will all say that you should not be doing any work without any insurance cover.

Debatable.

I will also say that you need an experienced person who you can call on to help with problems.

Or a good van that starts quickly, someone waiting at the wheel is deffo a bonus.

You dont say what you are doing for the four days you are not at college! It sounds as if you may be an apprentice with a firm.

Helping out at the local Salvation Army I believe.

I work for a large firm for my "apprenticeship". Then I work evenings and weekends with a plumber from the same firm.

The plumber who i work with on evenings and weekends would be more than willing to help out if i was to have any questions.

Also, the tiling/decorating will be done by the customer.

If you are just piping it up as a replacement without any tiling or sealing to the tiles then I dont see how anyone could expect to charge must more than about £150 if they were fully qualified.

Make sure you tell the evening plumber BEFORE you start so that he knows he might get called and will not throw a wobley and leave you stranded.

I am meeting an 18 y.o apprentice tomorrow who is coming for work experience. Thats a bit of a departure for me as I usually only take mature people with a degree but he seems sensible and already has an Astra van which must show a considerable committment. He is just finishing a multi trade course and has been accepted on a plumbing course next September.

Tony

Thats a bit of a departure for me as I usually only take mature people with a degree but he seems sensible and already has an Astra van which must show a considerable committment.

The astra van obviously swayed it, forget the degree, you are drivin` the 1. 3 Superbitch, with alloys and big exhaust thingy, I would have hired him on the spot :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back