bathroom ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Sorry a bit long winded but I'll try and explain as best I can.

I have a main bathroom next to a ensuite bathroom. Extraction in the main bathroom is via an inline extractor. The ensuite has a wall extractor and it doesn't do a great job.

What i'd like to do is to add an inline extractor on the ensuite bathroom as well which would use the same exit vent as the main bathroom via a Y connector.

So my main question is this: after the inline extractors do I need to fit backdraft shutters/dampers so that when one extractor is one it doesn't send moist air down the other bathrooms ducting? Or, do the inline extractors act to stop and air coming back through?

Would be great to set it up this way as it will prevent the need for boring out another vent in the brick work.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Show us the wall extractor please.

Yes, you will need backdraught shutters, but they have recently improved and you can get silent lightweight ones now.

Hi

Wall vent is called a vortice, looks 100mm.

My plan for both bathroom set ups is as follows from the ceiling: Louvre vent----ducting---extractor---tubing/non return valve/tubing-----ducting----Y connector ---- outside vent.??? Should work. Wiring to sort next :)

Cheers
S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back