bathroom venting through a chimney

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Im turning my back bedroom into a bathroom and been scratching my head around how to get an extractor vent in as the external wall is over a lean-to roof and pebble dashed. The room used to have a chimney breast in it which has been removed by the previous owners, the chimney stack in the attic and the external chimneys are both still there, supported by a concrete lintel. Since the chimney is still there, is there any chance i could use a ceiling extractor above the shower and have it connected and vented through the chimney?
Are there any gotcha's i need to be aware of? Is it even allowed?
Thanks,
Joe.

Sponsored Links
Nope. You'll create loads of moisture in the stack and all the nasties will start to leech through the brickwork into the room.
Just cut through the external wall and repair the pebble dash

Use a ceiling extractor and flexible ducting in the roof void and extract through the side wall/ fascia.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back