bathroom wall tiling costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post......

Can anybody assist. I want my bathroom wall tiling changed. A total of 10 sq metres to be done. If I provide the tiles, how much can I expect to pay a tiler for labour for remove old tiles (10 sq m) and make good the wall (10 sq m) and retile (10 sq m ) with the tiles I supply. Also for the tiler to supply adhesive and grout.

Hope someone in the trade can give me an idea of what sort of price I should pay. I live in Cambridgeshire by the way.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Are the walls plasterboard or solid? Are we talking about removing a sink and WC to tile behind too?

Thanks for your reply. The walls I would say would be about 7 sq m on solid walls and 3 sq m on plasterboard walls. Sink and toilet are in vanity units so no need to tile behind/under them. I guess only other consideration is to tile behind/around one radiator which measures 670mm wide x 700mm high. Thanks again.

Really depends on how the tiles come off and what tiles you've got to put up.
You'll probably need to replace the plasterboard areas, patch in the solid walls and tank over bath areas. Work on a cost of around £700 including adhesive, grout, tanking kit and plasterboard. That's Lancashire prices though. It won't (or it shouldn't) be a one shot job - be prepared for a few visits (days apart) to sort out the plaster and tanking steps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back