Small tiles, uneven wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have some 40mm sq. tiles (on backing sheet 250mm sq.) to put on kitchen wall that undulates. Have got it as flat as poss, but was hoping to vary the adhesive thickness to improve finished flatness.
Was thinking of using a slow setting adhesive so that I could fix perhaps 10 to 15 sheets of tiles, and then use a straight edje to flatten the surface. I realise I will have to clean loads of adhesive out of the gaps, but can't think af a better way of doing it?
Advice appreciated on this method, and adhesive type. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Best option is to get a plasterer in to sort it out, problem solved.

If you're not willing to do that, there is a professional cement based system for mosaics produced by Nicobond.

Tile adhesive and grout all in one that is specified high enough for swimming pool use, I now won't use anything else for thin fully vitrified mosaics.

Thanks Mudster.
I've had a Plasterer get it as good as he can already.
I had thought of using combined, Tile & Grout, but had been advised that it goes off quite quickly; also, need dark grey grout.
Is the Nicobond just adhesive?

No it's both, but it's nothing like tile & Grout that you buy in the DIY sheds, this is a powdered material designed for use in swimming pools, avaiable in white and grey as standard.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back