Tiling using 5 spot over bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some large 12x12 tiles about 8mm thick, which will run around the bath / shower. However the walls are not completely level and if i use a solid bed of adhesive unless i lay it really thick the tiles won't level.

Is there any reason why i can not use adhesive beind the tile, using the four corners and middle, which will make it easier to adjust, are there any disadvantages to this method as opposed to a solid bed.

Sponsored Links
Ta, cant find shower tanking kit on forum, i've got to have it tiled by monday 9 metres worth of tiles, just just need to know answer to my original question

Sponsored Links
In wet areas you should be solid bedding the tiles( no voids behind), if the walls are badly out use a "thick bed solid bed" trowel the type with large half round notches or possibly a 10mm notch. In the dry areas you could get away with dabing the adhesive but I would use the trowel.

In either case you will need to use a powdered adhesive as readymixed adhesive is not designed to be used this thickly and will not set properly.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back