Bathroom Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Quick check to make sure I am understanding the onsite guide correctly.

I am running new supply to the bathroom and also replacing the CU with dual RCD ( it is a TT system). So all circuits in the house will be protected by RCD. Does this mean I don't need to worry about the sup. boding in the bathroom? Or am I better off run it anyway since I am redoing the whole bathroom and everything ( plumbing, electrics) is being run new.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
As all of the work you describe (new CU, bathroom elecgtrics) is NOTIFIABLE, you should know the answer to that basic question without having to ask on a DIY help forum.

As well as RCD protection, there are other requirments to confirm before you can decide that supplementary bonding is not required.
Try looking in BS7671. Its all in there.

TTC - he isn't listening.

He is not interested in any advice which does not fit with what he decided he was going to do before he came here, and he is one of those people who thinks that if he asks about the things he realises he needs to know, as and when they crop up, he will magically become competent and know everything he needs to know.

Sponsored Links
Or am I better off run it anyway since I am redoing the whole bathroom and everything ( plumbing, electrics) is being run new.
You would be better off having the work done by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back