Bathroom zoning for lights

B

BuildingNovice

I have read the definitions of zone 1 and 2, but they both seem to require IP44 minimum. What then is the point of having these as separate zones if the same lights satisfy both?

Sponsored Links
there are other electrical considerations apart from lights, some things are permitted in all zones, some only in certain zones, shaver points and fans ect are all applicable to the 'zones'

Thanks

So for a zone 1 area (height from floor of shower tray to light fitting is just within 2.25m), an IP44 light to be placed above shower should be OK?

The dimension is taken from the finished floor level within the room, not the shower tray. Anything above 2.25 meters is out of zone and doesn't require any special consideration though that wouldn't stop me selecting a luminaire with a minimum rating of IPX4.

Sponsored Links
Thanks

It's actually a wet room, so by shower tray I meant tray former (sorry!) - unfortunately the light is within 2.25m if we count any part of the light as being within the limit (it's a ceiling hung spotlight).

Sounds like IP44 will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back