bathrooms

RMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

could anyone give their opinion about a fused spur located next to a toilet low down in zone 3 of a bathroom?

any comments greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is it suitable for the conditions it may experience in that position?

not really, i would have thought, its just a plastic surface pattress with a plastic fused spur switch.

I'm sure i have read somewhere that the degree of protection should be a minimum of IPX5 for zone 3.

Obviously the location poses more risks than normal for zone 3.

I just wouldn't put an accessory there, full stop, not sure there is anything specifying an IP rateing, but IPx5 might be appropiate, just incase, though the majority of time X4 would be more than adequate, but as you dont know who is going to use the facities, then you have to design for worst case....

Sponsored Links
Ouch, Imagine you come home ****ed 1 night havea quick **** and slightly miss the pan, dont want to think about it any more
:LOL:

Thanks for the replies and yes RF and fattony that is what i was worried about.

Adam,
Agree with what you say about not putting it there in the first place, its just bad design. The property is going to have a full wiring check so it will get noted down as requiring improvement.

Thanks RMS

Where I live there is a small downstairs toilet with a fused spur in that position (though not within P-shot). I didn't fit it, but it's for the macerator. I guess you'd know if you had one of those lurking behind your toilet, though. Possibly not the best place for it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back