Baths with support frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should all plastic baths have a wooden support frame built?

Sponsored Links
I don't know what is behind your question, but when I installed my plastic bath I wasn't too happy with the two metal support frames supplied.
It seemed to me it lacked support on the end section where I would stand if having a shower. Because of this I fitted additional packing in that area.
The bath does have a wood batten down each side to which the support frames are secured. The battens, I think about 40 mm square section and will of course spread the load. Thinking about it now I think it would be better with three frames.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheWife - is this at all related to your humdinger of a battle with a certain landlord?

Yes.....he called and said the panel came off because there was no frame built to it. Wanted to check if it would really cause to come away.

He's getting sneaky now.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, but I couldnt ask my husband about this as he was angry enough.

Ive spoke to him now and he said there was no way it could have fallen off as screws were placed behind the lip at the bottom of side panel and to get it out you would have to lift from the base of the panel. The top is in the groove of bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back