Battens for 900mm x1800 pb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Time for my weekley post somewhere on DIYnot- must be progresisng o.k. as its now about plasterboard :D

Due to getting the stuff up to the loft am using 900x1800mm pb to underline stub walls sloping ceiling/flat ceiling in our loft conversion.

I have spaced battens (at rightangle to rafters over 70mm celotex) at 900mm ctrs i.e to support the long edge of borad. Battens are screw fixed using extra long screws to each existing rafter which are @ about 300 ctrs

I am having some help with the dry lining and the chap helping says the 900 spacing is fine my gut instinct says I should put an additional batten to the middle of the board making the ctrs 450 approx.

Any advice on what's best?

Thanks

J

Sponsored Links
A 900 span is asking for trouble. Go with your gut instinct and fit a batten/s at 450. The more support behind the p/board, the stronger the job.

cheers 450 went in no probs - the chap totally agreed when I mentioned it and the 900mm spacing was for making sure the support for the board edge was in the right place

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back