Battery for remote keyfob (garage door opener/security gate)

JM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on what this fob is supposed to use, I'm hoping someone will recognise it for module it is (it is being used as a remote for an outer vehicle access gate but I suspect it is just the same as a garaged door opener).
The attached note just adds it needs a battery (that's management companies for you) but the original has ben removed (and the fob case isn't giving anything away).
- I'll clean it up if I can get one.
The distance between contacts is 27.0mm relaxed and the fob holder space looks to accomodate up to 9mm or so. Maybe A23 or A27 size but that's my current guess - I don't even know if it is 12v.

Any thoughts welcome.

View media item 101494

Sponsored Links
The chip part no. looks like MIE 1352 NL but can't fully make it out. I used to look up the chip to find the datasheet to see what it's operating voltage was. Unfortunately, I don't have a Maplin catalogue that used to list spares, plus Maplin have now gone.

After being on Google for 10 mins, I can't locate the chip. I would have installed a battery around it's operating voltage but unless you're going to be operating something with it and knowing what it would operate, can't see the point in messing with it. Could even be out of an old car alarm fob.

IMG_2553.JPG
Most common one for gate remotes

Yes thanks all. Someone advised an A23 on a PM earlier and it is all fitted now.
It has been it the wars and took a lot of strategically placed epoxy to renforce the plastics and other work but it cleaned up (including those terminals) and lights up, even emits something on 433MHz (I even had to make a screw for it).
I might use some clear silicone around the fob to help seal it a bit (along with splits and cracks all the internal tabs were broken).
In due course it'll go back to its home and maybe the gate will even open on it.

Sponsored Links
I've taken lots of photos but not one with the case complete - I must do that.
This is top with the two press buttons in the centre. On this (oddly orientated) image the right-hand (top and bottom corners) blobs are where the leds shine through - the plastic/s are missing so have used some hot glue as windows.

20180612_121518.jpg

The batteries (- see post #4) ?? (I think mine was 99p from my armchair via that there amazon thingy)
or the complete fobs (I'll take her a spare in that case).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back